Please submit your application, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
We are actively seeking a Java Developer to join our team in designing, building, maintaining and supporting our industry-leading construction management solutions. The employee in this position will be responsible for implementing various software solutions for the CGC's eCMS application platform. This position is within CGC’s Business Intelligence and Emerging Technologies development team. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of C#, ASP.NET, SQL, and web technologies, as well as, a solid history of delivering web-enabled solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with analyst, development and QA teams to perform product design, implementation, defect verification and remedy on application software projects for CGC’s suite of products.
- Identifies opportunities for improving software development methods and procedures and communicates recommendations appropriately.
- Delivers working software regularly, in coordination with analyst design and direction.
- Studies business use and actively seeks clarity when specifics of intended use will be important in dictating software design approach.
- Effectively applies broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent software development; project management; and technical, business, and professional issues.
- Visualizes complex processes to identify and analyze key issues and recommend quality solutions. Able to participate in development of project estimates, decision analysis, and project schedules.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to others with various levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Acts as a mentor to others and regularly brings new approaches and ideas to the table.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- College degree or certification in a field directly related to software development plus a minimum of five years of relevant technical experience in application design and programming and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write clear, concise code using:
- Java Technologies: Java/J2EE, JSF/JSP, JDBC, JNDI, JavaWS
- DB: MSSQL, DB2
- Servers: WebSphere, IIS.
- Ability to write and debug complex stored procedures/triggers in SQL.
Click "Apply now!" to download the application. Submit your completed application, along with your resume and salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org.