Opportunity for Cognos Business Intelligence Developer
Please submit your application, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Code: BIDEV_09012016
Department: Product Development
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
As part of the Business Intelligence team, the candidate will generate reports as outlined as part of a project or per ad hoc user requests using Cognos. The individual codes, tests, debugs, and installs operating programs and procedures in coordination with our development and technical services departments. Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain and enhance the Cognos framework that is delivered with our ERP software application. Responsible for developing and maintaining business report requests, dashboards, and dashboard widgets, which support internal and external customers.
- Confer with programmers and architects to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing framework and reports.
- Write and maintain documentation.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide training, support and best practices for Ad Hoc query users, Business Author and Professional Author.
- May require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Master’s degree or Foreign Equivalent in Information Technology or in a related field
- Must have certification for Cognos
- Must be able to use: Cognos Administration and Security and Cognos Transformer
- Prior experience in database design, programming in relational databases
- Experience creating multi-prompt reports with drill-through capabilities
- Experience scheduling and monitoring jobs
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and research ability as evidenced by experience in the identification of requirements and the definition, evaluation, and selection of appropriate solutions to business problems or opportunities